Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SANTA IS GOING TO KILL SUMMER

Between Alexander Wang's blacked out collection to Proenza Schouler's Ivy League chic look I am in pre-fall bliss, and so have decided it would be best to for everyone to skip summer and just move directly to fall. I believe in this season skip so strongly that I have made a list as to why it would be best.
Reason 1: With my sudden objection to all things pants, fall's "who need pants, just wear tights under anything look" works out perfectly for my wardrobe.
Reason 2: I can save everyone from bikini diet stress. You can eat as many cookies as you'd like and even save one for later, just stick it in the pocket of your new Pringle of Scotland coat. (Although this is not something I would advise as crumbs in pockets do not make for happy cleaning, plus why would you ever put a COOKIE in your Pringle of Scotland jacket, come on now.)
Reason 3: By going from May straight to September, December will come three months sooner, and jolly old St. Nick will be dropping off Thakoon's new drop-crotch pant (that is quite a funny term) before you even know it.
So I feel like I have presented a valid case, and will have to schedule a meeting with Mother Nature sometime soon to figure out the details. Maybe I will try to bribe her with some Tory Burch rain booties...
Alexander Wang

Pringle of Scotland

Thakoon

From Left: Celine, Tory Burch, Missoni, Proenza Schouler, Proenza Schouler
All images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment